Transfer Options

Transferring to Four-Year Institutions

To help eliminate the guesswork of transferring course credits and associate degrees, Colorado has developed a statewide guaranteed transfer program called GT Pathways (guaranteed transfer pathways) and many statewide articulation agreements. Community College of Denver adheres to these established programs and agreements in order to guarantee the transfer of credits.

CCD’s Associate of Arts (A.A.) and Associate of Science (A.S.) degrees are guaranteed to transfer to Colorado public four-year colleges and universities. After you obtain an A.A. or A.S. degree, you may enter a four-year institution as a junior. In some circumstances, an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) or Associate of General Studies (A.G.S.) degree may transfer.

GT Pathways applies to all Colorado public colleges and universities, including Community College of Denver. After starting at any public college or university in Colorado and, upon acceptance to another, students can transfer up to 31 credits of previously and successfully (C or better) completed GT Pathways coursework. These courses will automatically transfer and continue to count toward general education core or graduation requirements for any liberal arts or science associate's or bachelor’s degree. Students should check with the school that they wish to attend so that they are clear about which credits will transfer beyond any that are guaranteed by GT Pathways.

Statewide Transfer Articulation Agreements / Degrees with Designation

A statewide transfer articulation agreement is an agreement among Colorado community colleges and universities. These agreements allow you to graduate from a community college with a 60 credit Associate of Arts (A.A.) or Associate of Science (A.S.) degree with designation, such as an Associate of Arts in business; enroll with junior status at a university; and complete the bachelor's degree in no more than an additional 60 credits (for a total of 120 credits). If you attend full-time (15 credits per semester) and follow the structured schedule, you can complete a bachelor's degree in four years.

View a full list of degrees with designation.

Certain majors require that you take essential lower-division prerequisites before transferring to a four-year institution. Contact your academic advisor or faculty mentor for help in selecting lower division credit hours and for additional information regarding transfer to a four-year degree.

Other Transfer Agreements

Besides GT Pathways and the statewide transfer articulation agreements listed above, many colleges and universities have other transfer agreements that may apply. Use this catalog to determine if your degree path will transfer and speak with your academic advisor or faculty mentor for additional information.

Find Assistance

Career & Transfer Center  |  303.556.2461  |  Cherry Creek Building, Room 111

If you intend to transfer, it is very important to become familiar with the requirements of the school you plan to attend as early as possible. For more information, consult the Career and Transfer Center, and your academic advisor.

The Career and Transfer Center has reference catalogs, transfer guides, and application materials from Colorado’s four-year colleges and universities, as well as catalogs from several out-of-state, four-year colleges and universities.

Representatives from four-year colleges and universities visit CCD regularly. Information about campus visits can be found in Cherry Creek Building, room 111 or call 303.556.2461.

Colorado Community College System (CCCS)

Visit the CCCS for links to some of the four-year institutions that have articulation or transfer agreements with CCD.

Colorado Department of Higher Education

Additional information about statewide guaranteed transfer and articulation agreements is available at the Colorado Department of Higher Education.