Message from Everette J. Freeman
Community College of Denver - Start Here. Go Anywhere!
This catalog provides a wealth of information about completing your college goals so you can start working immediately after earning your associate degree or successfully transfer to a four-year college or university.
Here are the advantages of attending CCD:
- Quality. CCD offers small classes, instructors who are experts in their field and the latest technology so you can compete in today’s job market.
- Affordability. The average cost for one year of in-state tuition and fees at CCD is $5,802, less than half the national average of four-year institutions.
- Choice. Over 100 degree or certificate programs and areas of study.
- Guaranteed Credit Transfer. When you graduate with an Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree, your credits are guaranteed to transfer to Colorado public colleges and universities.
- Success. With nearly 9,000 students, CCD is a community of curious, motivated learners who understand what it means to be a successful student.
CCD is the most diverse college in the state of Colorado and in 2001, CCD was designated as a Hispanic-Serving Institution by the U.S. Department of Education. Currently, 32 percent of our student population is Latinx, more than 50 percent self-identify as underrepresented and our international students represent 40 nations. Additionally, over 60 percent of your classmates are the first person in their family to attend college.
At CCD, you will study conceptual and practical matters that will prepare you not just for academic success, but also for success in the real world. We strive to maintain an environment where you and all other students feel respected and supported.
Welcome to Community College of Denver!
Everette J. Freeman, President