Associate of Arts Degree - Elementary Education Designation

Course Requirements 

The following courses represent the statewide transfer agreement between the Colorado Community College System and all Colorado four-year institutions offering Elementary Education teacher preparation programs. The first 41 credit hours are common for all transfer institutions. The final 19 elective credits must be determined with the assistance of an advisor as they are specific to the receiving institution. ENG 121 must be completed with a grade of B or better for transfer. The four-year college or university will accept all credits in the student's education graduation agreement earned within 10 years of transfer. Courses earned more than 10 years earlier will be evaluated on an individual basis. All interested students should contact their Academic Advisor to select appropriate electives. 

Plan of Study Grid
First SemesterCredits
COM 115 Public Speaking 3
ENG 121 English Composition I : GT-CO1 1,2 3
GEO 105 World Regional Geography: GT-SS2 3
MAT 155 Integrated Math I 3
Literature Course 3 3
Second Semester
ENG 122 English Composition II: GT-CO2 3
MAT 156 Integrated Math II 3
POS 111 American Government : GT-SS1 3
PSY 238 Child Development: GT-SS3 3
Elective 4 3
Third Semester
EDU 221 Introduction to Education 3
SCI 155 Integrated Science with Lab: GT-SC1 4
Elective 4 3
Elective 4 3
Elective 4 3
Fourth Semester
HIS 121 U.S. History to Reconstruction: GT-HI1 3
SCI 156 Integrated Science II with Lab: GT-SC1 4
Elective 4 4
Elective 4 3
 Total Credits60

 Building Block Course


Some educator preparation programs require a B- in ENG 121 as an admission requirement. However, a C- or better guarantees the general education GT-CO1 requirement has been met.


 Choose one from the following:

LIT 115  Introduction to Literature (GT-AH2)

LIT 201  Masterpieces of Literature I (GT-AH2)

LIT 202  Masterpieces of Literature II (GT-AH2)

LIT 211  Survey of American Lit I (GT-AH2)

LIT 221  Survey of British Literature I (GT-AH2)


To be determined by home and transferring institution. See an Academic Advisor for more information.