College Readiness and Placement
Demonstrate College Readiness
Testing Center | www.CCD.edu/Testing | Confluence, 2nd Floor
Students may be able to demonstrate college readiness by showing proof of one or more of the following:
- Minimum assessment scores from within the past five years.
- Minimum ACT or SAT scores from within the past five years.
- Transcript of successful completion of an Associate of Arts degree, Associate of Science degree, Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree, or Doctorate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Successful (C or higher) completion of college level courses in English and/or math (less than 10 years old) at a regionally accredited institution.
- Successful (C or higher) completion of basic skills courses in reading, writing, or math (less than 10 years old) from a regionally accredited institution.
- Appropriate assessment scores from an approved institution from within the past five years. It is strongly recommended to take the assessment test again if scores are more than two years old.
- Sufficient scores on specific Advanced Placement Exams, International Baccalaureate Exams and/or CLEP Exams from within the past five years.
- Completion of high school coursework from within the past 18 months and a minimum accumulated GPA of 3.0. To see if you are eligible for this exemption, please schedule an appointment for the assessment test at www.CCD.edu/Testing.
Please note that all submissions to the Testing Center must include the student’s name, the institution, and the grades/scores as part of the transcript and be accompanied by a Transcript Intake Form. Differing names on the transcript and the student’s account may require additional documentation. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable as long as the applicant has met the requirements.
The State of Colorado mandates that incoming students to Colorado’s state-supported institutions of higher education complete a basic skills assessment test and enroll in appropriate courses based on the test outcomes.
For the most up-to-date information about placement, as well as prep materials, placement scores, and fees, please visit our website at www.CCD.edu/Testing.
Credit for Prior Learning Exams
The CCD Testing Center offers the College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) tests and DSST exams. Both nationally recognized tests allow students to receive college credit for learning acquired outside the traditional college classroom. See Prior Learning Assessment Credit.